Calgary Uncontested Family Law Firm
We are a passionate Calgary Uncontested Family Law Firm committed to finding you cost-effective and compassionate resolutions to your family law issues. We recognize that how your family law matter is handled, and the decisions you make today, can impact you and your family for years to come as you make the transition into a new and unfamiliar family situation.
West legal is pleased to offer the following family law services:
- Separation Agreements for married or common law couples
- Uncontested (desk) divorces
- Mediated divorce settlements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Guardianship and Trusteeship applications
- Private Adoptions
- Independent Legal Advice (ILA)
Too often family law lawyers work only for today, establishing adversarial patterns of interaction between parties and operating in a win-lose paradigm, with matters usually decided in a courtroom. Not only are these resolutions expensive, but they often set a negative tone for future interactions with your ex-partner.
At West Legal we focus on collaborative solutions. We understand that you will likely have to communicate with your ex-partner in the future, with that communication being more frequent if you have children together. That’s why we work hard to ensure lines of communication can remain open and compromise can be found when necessary, even after the family law lawyers are no longer involved. We believe that the best outcomes are achieved through a negotiated settlement.
Our approach to family law at West Legal is influenced by our guiding principles and objectives, which include:
- Providing you with your legal options at every step of the process, helping you understand your legal rights and obligations
- Resolving matters with as little conflict as possible
- Always treating our clients with respect and dignity
- Acknowledging that how the separation and divorce process is handled by the lawyers can often set the tone for interactions between ex-partners for years to come, and to govern ourselves accordingly
- Being transparent with regard to the costs involved in resolving family law matters
- Achieving a fair outcome in a reasonable period of time
At West Legal we are proud to offer flat-rate fees for most of our family law matters. We understand the value in knowing up front how much your family law matter is expected to cost to resolve, giving you peace of mind to move forward with confidence. Find out more about our Family Law Flat Rate Fees.