We provide the following services and advice for employees:
Employment Contract/Agreement Review
- We will review your employment contract before you sign it so you’re 100% sure of your rights and obligations before you begin a new job.
We advise you of your legal rights and remedies regarding:
- Unpaid Wages
- Harassment and Bullying in the Workplace
- Overtime Disputes
- Drug & Alcohol Policies
- Social Media Policies
- Human Rights Complaints
- Reimbursement for Company Expenses, Training or Education
- Professional Standards
- Being Sued by your Employer
- Maternity/Parental Leave
- Bonus Entitlements
- Occupational Health & Safety Violations
- Our employment lawyers can provide you with a detailed legal opinion upon your dismissal and are able to determine whether your dismissal is legally characterized as wrongful dismissal, layoff or firing for cause. We can also advise you as to your best course of action and assist you in pursuing your legal rights and remedies.
- Even if you ‘quit’ your job, you may have actually been ‘constructively dismissed’ in the eyes of the law if your employment situation was so untenable that you had no other option than to resign.
- If you were dismissed without notice, you may be eligible for severance pay in lieu of proper notice. Our employment lawyers can determine how much severance pay you’re entitled to and pursue any unpaid severance monies from your former employer on your behalf.
Severance Package Review
- If you’ve received a severance package from your employer, its provisions may fall short of what you’re entitled to. Let the experienced employment lawyers at West Legal provide you with a detailed legal opinion on whether you’re entitled to more than what you’ve been offered.
- Non-compete clauses are not always as straightforward as they seem. The employment lawyers at West Legal are able to determine whether the non-compete clause in your contract is enforceable.
- If your employer fails to pay you adequate vacation pay upon dismissal, we can help you pursue your unpaid entitlements.