Calgary Human Rights Lawyer
In Alberta, the Alberta Human Rights Act protects against discrimination based on several protected grounds, in the areas of employment, tenancy, goods and services, and vocational associations (such as trade unions). Our lawyers represent and advise clients who are experiencing discrimination in these protected areas, based on their protected grounds of race, religious beliefs, gender or gender expression, mental or physical disability, family status, sexual orientation, and source of income.
We also offer services specifically tailored to Human Rights in the workplace. Our lawyers routinely advise both employers and employees on:
- Workplace Anti-discrimination, Anti-harassment, and Human Rights Policies (including drafting and review)
- Workplace Accommodations
- Interviewing and Hiring Procedures
- Extended Leaves of Absence including Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Termination of Employment
- Workplace Investigations
- Obligations pursuant to both Provincial and Federal Human Rights Legislation
- Human Rights Complaints (including drafting, filing, and representation before the Human Rights Commission and Tribunal).