Need a Calgary Probate Lawyer?

West Legal Wills Probate Lawyer Calgary

Need a Probate Lawyer in Calgary?

What is a Probate?

“Probate” refers to proving the existence of a valid Will. Probate is the court process that must be completed in order to legally transfer title of real property, and ownership of personal property, from the deceased to the appropriate beneficiaries. If you have been made the Personal Representative (also known as the Executor) of a Will, you may need to apply for Probate. West Legal, your Calgary Probate Lawyer, would be pleased to meet with you to help you determine whether or not you need to apply for Probate. If you do, we can help you complete the application quickly and resolve matters as efficiently as possible during a stressful and difficult time for you and your family.

The team at West Legal, your Calgary Wills and Estates Lawyer, encourages everyone to have an up-to- date Will setting out what they wish to happen to their assets following their passing, and ensuring that their family is taken care of.

What happens if someone passes away without a valid Will?

If someone passes away without a Will, the person has died “intestate”, simply meaning “without a Will”. A Grant of Administration must be applied for through the court if there are assets to be divided among surviving family members. A surviving spouse, child or other family member may apply to be the Personal Representative, (aka the Executor), of the estate. The Grant of Administration would approve that individual as the Personal Representative, and allow that person to distribute the estate to the beneficiaries.

Probate and Grant of Administration legal issues can seem complex and daunting. At West Legal, we want to ensure that during difficult times, your Calgary Wills and Estates legal needs are taken care of efficiently, thoroughly and with no unexpected costs. Please give us a call or send us an email to inquire about our flat-rate fees. The team at West Legal wants to be your Calgary Wills and Estates Lawyer, and we would be pleased to discuss your Probate or Grant of Administration needs.

Leave a Reply